By signing this Consent Form, you agree to the following terms and conditions:
(1) You, as parent or legal guardian of the student named below, have read and understand this Consent Form and hereby permit your child to participate in the Contest. Further, you and your child agree to be bound by the Official Rules of the Contest and the terms of this Consent Form. In the event of any conflict between the Official Rules of the Contest and the terms of this Consent Form, the Official Rules of the Contest shall prevail.
(3) You understand that, in order for your child to participate in this Contest, he or she must submit a video or written entry that addresses the challenge outlined in the Contest entry information ("Entry"). The Entry may include your child's likeness, image, voice, persona or other identifiable features. You grant Discovery Education the right to reproduce, modify, translate, or adapt the Entry. You and your child understand and agree that Discovery Education may edit for brevity or truncate your child's Entry and that you will not have approval over the editing process and will have no input or control over any such edits.
(4) You and your child further grant to Discovery Education the permission to publish and display your child's Entry, or excerpts or portions of his or her Entry, on its external web site, so that they may be viewed by the public in correlation with this Contest.
(5) You understand that you and your child are granting Discovery Education all rights of reproduction and use of the Entry and the content therein for any purpose whatsoever without compensation or further permission, including but not limited to an irrevocable and perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide right, in all media (now known or later developed) to assign, use, publish, perform, edit, adapt, modify, alter, reproduce, distribute, broadcast, display, copyright, create derivative works or otherwise exploit Entries, for commercial or non-commercial use. You and your child understand and agree that neither you nor your child will have any right of approval, claim to any compensation, or claim arising out of the use, alteration, distortion or illusionary effect or use in any composite form of your child's Entry and of the content therein. You and your child understand and agree to waive any moral rights of authors or any similar rights.
(6) You hereby release and discharge Discovery Education, Inc., Tata Consultancy Services Limited, Discovery, Inc, and YouTube, together with the respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, promotional suppliers, officers, directors, employees, representatives, agents, shareholders, successors and assigns of each (aforementioned individuals and organizations collectively, "Released Parties"), from any claims, actions or demands arising out of the Contest including but not limited to the Released Parties' use of the Entry, Personal Data or from your child’s receipt of any prize if selected as a winner. You further agree that no action will be taken by or on behalf of you or your child with respect to the rights described herein, it being understood that this release shall be binding upon you/your child and the Released Parties.