Upcoming PD Virtual Events
Join us virtually to learn, connect and share with educators and thought leaders in your community for a unique opportunity to participate in an Ignite My Future in School Virtual TECHademy. This 3-hour immersive virtual Professional Learning session focuses on engaging students in real world problem solving. All educators welcome to join and will receive a digital swag bag and transdisciplinary resources and strategies designed to effectively engage with the foundations of computational thinking across subject areas.
Southwest Region Feb 3rd 3:30-6pm MST
West Coast Region Feb 11th 3:30-6pm PST
KY/TN/OH/IN Feb 16th 4:30-7pm EST
Virtual TECHademy Overview
TCS and Discovery Education are partnering to empower educators nationwide with best-in-class transdisciplinary learning resources designed to ignite action around the critical role computational thinking plays in 21st Century learning with Virtual TECHademy professional learning events.
Teachers participating in a Ignite My Future in School Virtual TECHademy will experience:
- A motivational Keynote on Computational Thinking in the World Around Us
- Best Practices of online learning, modeled by Discovery Education Professional Development experts
- Access to IgniteMyFutureInSchool.org – free website with educator and family resources and opportunity to join a global community of collaborative educators through IMFIS Learning Leaders
- Live “Grab and Go” lessons that are immediately ready to be used in a virtual environment
- A digital event bag with free digital tools like GooseChase and a Certificate of Participation
Learn with educators and thought leaders for a unique opportunity to participate in an Ignite My Future in School Virtual TECHademy. These virtual Professional Learning sessions focus on engaging students in real world problem solving and computational thinking strategies.