Upcoming PD Virtual Events
Join us virtually to learn, connect and share with educators and thought leaders in your community for a unique opportunity to participate in an Ignite My Future in School Virtual TECHademy. This 3-hour immersive virtual Professional Learning session focuses on engaging students in real world problem solving. All educators welcome to join and will receive a digital swag bag and transdisciplinary resources and strategies designed to effectively engage with the foundations of computational thinking across subject areas.
Alabama Virtual TECHademy
October 6, 9am-12pm ET
Florida and Georgia Virtual TECHademy
October 14, 9am-12pm ET
December 9, 5:30pm-8:30pm ET
Virtual TECHademy Overview
TCS and Discovery Education are partnering to empower educators nationwide with best-in-class transdisciplinary learning resources designed to ignite action around the critical role computational thinking plays in 21st Century learning with Virtual TECHademy professional learning events.
Teachers participating in a Ignite My Future in School Virtual TECHademy will experience:
- A motivational Keynote Speech from Kevin Honeycutt, a global keynote speaker and Professional Development expert
- Best Practices of online learning, modeled by Discovery Education Professional Development experts
- Access to IgniteMyFutureInSchool.org – free website with educator and family resources and opportunity to join a global community of collaborative educators through IMFIS Learning Leaders
- Live “Grab and Go” lessons that are immediately ready to be used in a virtual environment
- A digital event bag with free digital tools like GooseChase and a Certificate of Participation
Learn with educators and thought leaders in the Texas and Oklahoma community for a unique opportunity to participate in an Ignite My Future in School Virtual TECHademy. This virtual Professional Learning session focuses on engaging students in real world problem solving and computational thinking strategies.